Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Excerpts from Kyle's 1st e-mail on May 13th

Well hello!! i finally got email but they only give us a half hour at a time so it will be nice when i got longer. But im doing great thank you for your letters.. Today is my first p day and i love it.. so far i've just studied and done laundry it was very simple i was surprised. So i taught at the Teaching center with my companion which is where real people come in and they let us teach lesson 1 to them.. Wow we did a really good job and i felt the spirit so strong. we taught the whole first lesson and answered all their questions. it was crazy because with all the stuff getting pounded into my head it was nice to see how much i really knew. i also have a new appreciation for my companion too. then i went to the referral center. wat an experience! i did inbound calls with my district and they were awesome. its people calling in from seeing a commercial or getting pass along cards cuz they want to here from us. so i talked to deloris henderson.. a women from mississippi who kept calling me child haha. i talked her into getting missionaries over to her house but she didnt know her complete address just her po box. so i sent her a bible and bore my testimony.. she has been in an accident and hasnt got back on her feet.. i pray for her now.. It was so cool it made me realize soon ill be dealing with real people and real experiences. it made me really want to be here ...I'm making a lot of friends and really appreciate being a district leader and having some responsibility..I like my companion..i love him and his testimony. It really helps mine and we work well together. I heard a cool quote in my large group meeting..(we have them every couple days). it said "if you have doubts about your testimony, dont question your testimony, question your doubts." I think about that everyday as my testimony grows.. Feel free to dearelder.com me because i get it that day and its good to hear from you, and tell grandmas grandpas i will email them when i get out there since i dont have much time.. But that i love them! ...last night we had a devotional and it was Elder Nielsen from the quorum of the 12! wow it was so awesome and so inspirational. He said always have a smile so i've remembered that! Tell benson i said congrats and am doing well ...My schedule consists of about seven hours of class, two hours of meetings, two hours of personal and comp study, and eating haha so i really am learning so much. and I can actually teach the gospel from my heart now as my testimony grows daily. I love you guys. i hope you know i'm doing great. thanks for all your help! feel free to write me and know that i know wat i'm doing is right! i cant wait to give people the joy i feel every day here. be safe and I love you! Austin rylie and cade i love you! tell me wats new in your lives! Mom and dad thanks for everything! you dont know how much i love you.
Love always kyle

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy he is doing so well! I love reading letters from missionaries. They are so full of the spirit. It's awesome to see the changes that he is making already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that made me cry! Sounds like he is doing great! Thanks for sharing. I love to hear his sweet testimony. Thanks for taking the time to do this blog so that we can check in and keep updated. He's going to do great! You must be two proud parents! :o)

    ReplyDelete